TERMS & CONDITIONS
We set out below the important points for you to note when using our mobile app. These summary points are not part of our Terms and Conditions and are for reference only. Before using our website, we recommend that you read all of our Terms and Conditions to ensure that you are happy with them. We suggest that you print a copy of these Terms and Conditions and keep them in a safe place for future reference.
You must only use the ‘mimba' mobile app for your personal use or, if a business user, for legitimate business price comparison purposes.
You must provide accurate and complete information when using this mobile app so that we can provide appropriate price comparison quotes.
If you input incomplete or incorrect information whilst using this mobile app and enter into a policy of insurance with an insurer on the basis of that information, your insurance policy may be void, not fully meet your insurance needs and/or not pay out on any claims.
‘Mimba’ must only be used by UAE residents. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will constitute an offer or promotion for services or products outside of the United Arab Emirates.
All information data and copyright material contained on this mobile app must not be reproduced or used without our consent.
We provide a price comparison service and where you propose to enter into a separate agreement or policy with a product provider or service provider, you should check their terms and conditions to ensure that you are comfortable with them.
These Terms and Conditions set out what you should do if you have a complaint against us or a product provider or service provider.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to your use of this mobile app.
- By using this mobile app you agree to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms and Conditions you should not use this mobile app ‘Mimba’.
- We may change these Terms and Conditions from time to time. We will give you notice of any changes by posting those changes on our mobile app We will not vary any terms and conditions which you previously agreed whilst using ‘Mimba’. However, any amended Terms and Conditions will apply to your use of this mobile app from the date they are posted and if you do not agree with the amended Terms and Conditions, you are entitled to stop using this mobile app at that time.
- The customer using the website who are Minor / under the age of 18 shall not register as a User of the website and shall not transact on or use the website.
- (Website) will NOT deal or provide any services or products to any of OFAC sanctions countries in accordance with the law of UAE.
- You will recieve an instant payment confirmation to the email account that has been provided during the purchase process.
- "you" and "your" means the person who proposes to use or is using this mobile app.
- "we" "us" and "our” means ‘Mimba’ and ‘Platinum Insurance Brokers L.L.C’, and any other person or business to whom we may legally transfer our rights under these Terms and Conditions. You are entitled to stop using this mobile app if we transfer our rights under these Terms and Conditions to a third party.
- "product or service provider" means the manufacturer, supplier, distributor or provider of any service or product advertised on this mobile app or made available via this mobile app.
- "quote" means a price provided by a product or service provider for comparison with other quotes on the basis of the information you have provided. In providing you with a quote we are not able to guarantee the availability of the product, the service or the price set out as you will need to deal with the product or service provider direct to make a purchase.
- Use of this mobile app
- By using this mobile app you agree that:
- You will not do anything that affects the integrity or security of this mobile app or causes or may cause harm, damage or unreasonable inconvenience to other users of this mobile app or us; ‘Mimba’.
- You will not gather, extract, download, reproduce and/or display or advertise on any other mobile app other online or off-line service or otherwise, any material on or from this mobile app, including but not limited to information relating to insurance prices, whether that information has been gained by the use of spiders, data mining, trawling or other 'screen scraping' software or system used to extract data.
- If you breach any of the clauses set out at 3.1 above, we may take such action as we deem appropriate, including denying you access to this mobile app bringing legal proceedings against you and disclosing such information to appropriate legal and/or regulatory bodies.
- UAE residents only
- This mobile app is directed only at UAE residents and nothing within it or these Terms and Conditions constitutes an offer or promotion of services or products to persons outside the United Arab Emirates. We do not make any warranty or representation that the services we offer are available or appropriate for use by those outside the UAE. Should you choose to use the services we provide outside the UAE, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to ensure that you are compliant with any applicable local laws.
- Your obligations
- You must only use the ‘Mimba’ mobile app for your personal use or, if a business user, for legitimate business price comparison purposes.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that all information you supply to us or enter onto this mobile app is complete and accurate, so please double-check your information before submitting it.
- You will need to answer a number of questions in order to compare or obtain a quote for any product or service. These questions are designed to ensure that we and all relevant product or service providers have all of the information necessary to provide you with accurate, appropriate and timely information relating to the products and/or services in which you are interested.
In the case of all insurances the level of cover and the amount you pay is determined by the answers you provide to those questions and therefore you should answer all questions truthfully and fully and to the best of your knowledge and belief. If you fail to provide complete and accurate information:
- Any insurance product purchased may be void (meaning you will not be able to make a claim);
- You may have to pay additional premiums under your policy to reflect any increased insurance risk as a result; and/or
- You may be liable for damage or loss to a third party if you cause an accident.
This will depend on the terms and conditions you have agreed with your product or service provider.
- If you are purchasing or using a product or service provider's mobile app directly you should also read their terms and conditions. The product or service provider's terms and conditions will cover any transaction or agreement between you and the product or service provider, whereas these Terms and Conditions agreed with us relate only to your use of this mobile app.
- The cardholder must retain a copy of transaction records and Merchant policies and rules.
- Our service
- We provide a service which enables you to compare a number of prices for products and services and make a decision based on those comparisons. There is no charge for this service.
- We do not provide financial, investment or other advice in relation to the product or service compared, nor do we provide a recommendation or endorsement of product or service providers.
- The information you give us is used by the product or service provider to formulate their quote. Therefore, it is important that you double-check all information to ensure that it is complete and accurate. We seek to ensure that we accurately pass on the information you have provided to the product or service provider for the purpose of providing a price comparison.
- These Terms and Conditions and our correspondence with you will be communicated in the English language.
- We accept payments online using Visa and MasterCard credit/debit card in AED (or any other currency agreed).
- Validity of quote
- We do not control the price, length of offers, or special conditions relating to price comparison quotes. These are set by product or service providers. If you obtain a quote and would like to see how long it is valid for or any special conditions relating to it, please click through the links contained on our mobile app to the product provider or service provider's website. Product and service providers' prices, rates and offer times are updated and amended on a regular basis so our price comparisons are subject to change.
- In order to purchase any of the products or services described on our mobile app you must contact the product or service provider. When a price is shown on this mobile app you will also find a direct link to the product or service provider's website. For some products or services you may need to or choose to complete your transaction over the telephone. The product and contact details of the product or service provider are listed on their website(s).
- Delivery of quotes
- You should receive the results of our price comparison technology online. However, we rely on the availability of third party sites and general performance of the worldwide web. At certain times some or all online quotes may not be available to you due to problems with third party mobile app or the worldwide web. Wherever possible, we will try and notify you of this and email you to let you know when your quotes are ready.
- Whilst we strive to provide as comprehensive and easy to use a service as possible, the requirements for your quote may not be met if such requirements are unusual, "non standard" or "high risk". If this is the case you should contact an insurer directly to discuss your requirements.
- Each product and service provider will have a different approach to the provision of their quotes and may not make quotes available for all of their products. Where you have expressed an interest in a product restricted by a product or service provider, we or the provider may contact you to assist further (provided that we or the provider continue to treat your data as confidential and comply with data protection legislation).
- Responsibility for content
- We are responsible for ensuring that we accurately reflect product or service quotes via our price comparison technology. We are also responsible for statements of fact made to you by us and protecting your data in accordance with data protection legislation.
- We will use our best endeavours to provide you with a quality service and virus free mobile app However, we are not responsible for computer viruses or other computer related problems you suffer as a result of using this mobile app, which are beyond our reasonable control. We recommend that you use your own appropriate virus checking software.
- We are not responsible for any commentary, opinions, ratings or other postings on this mobile app by third parties.
- Product or service providers and third party mobile apps are responsible for failings or errors on their websites and may have a separate duty of care to you.
- You may be entitled to rights separate to these Terms and Conditions under UAE consumer law or other legislation.
- We do not prevent or exclude our responsibility to you for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
- Intellectual property
- All information, data and copyright material contained on this mobile app including any trade marks (whether officially registered or unregistered), trade names, brands, logos and devices belong to us or to people whom we have given ownership or permission to use such information data and/or copyright material. You must not use such information or copyright material unless you have written permission from us or the owner to do so.
- You may download or copy the content and other downloadable items displayed on this mobile app for personal non business use only, (i.e. to assist with a purchasing decision), provided that you are not otherwise breaching these Terms and Conditions.
- Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
- We will comply with all applicable data protection legislation from time to time in force in respect of the personal data we collect from you.
- If you decide to purchase or make further queries about a product or service through this mobile app you will be directed to the product or service provider's website and the information you have provided may be passed to such providers to allow them to deal with your request.
- Third party website
- This mobile app contains links to websites operated by third parties. Some of those websites will carry our branding and are therefore only accessible by our customers. The operation and content of those websites are determined by those third parties and will be governed by separate terms and conditions. We do not accept responsibility or liability for the content of any third party website, as this is outside of our control.
- Links are provided for convenience only and inclusion of any links should not be taken to imply endorsement in any way of the site to which it links.
- You may wish to take the following steps when purchasing a product or service from a third party mobile app:
- Read and ensure that you understand the terms and conditions of their mobile app and terms and conditions of any product or service you might be agreeing with them;
- Clarify and/or check your understanding of relevant terms and conditions by seeking independent advice, for example if the proposed transaction is of significant financial value to you or your insurance criteria is particularly unique or high risk; and/or
- We may issue a warning, temporarily suspend, permanently suspend or terminate your right to use this mobile app if you:
- Substantially breach any of these Terms and conditions;
- Infringe or violate or attempt to infringe or violate any rights of any other user(s) of this mobile app and/or third parties in connection with this website; or mobile app
- If you are using this mobile app to commit or attempt to commit a criminal offence.
- We may issue a warning, temporarily suspend, permanently suspend or terminate your right to use this mobile app if you:
- Jurisdiction and Enforceability
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions are held by a competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions will not be affected and will remain valid.
- In the event of a dispute in connection with or arising out of these Terms and Conditions, UAE law will apply.
- These Terms and Conditions will only apply as between us and you. Unless as otherwise stated in these Terms and Conditions no other person may benefit or rely upon these Terms and Conditions.
- Complaints procedure
We aim to provide a high level service to all our customers but occasionally things can go wrong. When this happens we will do everything we can to put things right and assist you. What to do if you have a complaint?
If you have a complaint about our service, please contact us.
For the purposes of handling complaints our working day is 9am to 5pm Sunday to Thursday, excluding Public, Bank Holidays.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will attempt to resolve your complaint by close of business the following working day. If we are unable to resolve your complaint, we will try and agree the next steps with you.
Please address your letter to:Mimba FZE
Customer Relations Manager
UAQ Free Trade Zone Authority, P.O BOX 7072,
Umm Al Quwain, United Arab Emirates
Please include your name and address, a contact telephone number, your quote number and details of why you are unhappy. This will help us to respond to you as quickly as possible. If we do not have enough information to investigate your complaint we will try and contact you to ask for further details.
If we are unable to resolve your complaint by the close of business the next working day, we will send a written acknowledgement of your complaint to you within 5 working days of its receipt. In our acknowledgement we will advise you of the name and job title of the person who will be dealing with your complaint.
By the end of eight weeks after receipt of your original complaint letter we will send you a final response or a letter explaining why we are still not in a position to issue a final response and advising you of when we expect to be able to do so.
If your complaint is regarding a product or service that you have purchased via this mobile app then you should complain directly to the relevant product or service provider responsible for supplying the product or service about which you wish to complain.
We cannot answer complaints on behalf of a product or service provider or accept responsibility for any such complaints. We recommend that you visit the mobile app of the product or service provider and follow their complaints procedure if you wish to make a complaint against them.
Last updated: 02 February 2017